Share your thoughts on the featured ideas above, or start a new discussion here

Creating Jobs Today Through Apparel

I have an idea for creating jobs overnight. If the Federal Government required that all departments were required to use a USA made apparel option before using an oversea product, not just cut and sew but knitting and spinning as well, we could see a huge impact in new/old jobs. This means that people would be coming off unemployment tomorrow. The Branches of The Military currently have this stipulation in place (the only reason we have large scale apparel manufacturing in our country still) but we could spread it into other departments. Where Federal Money is being spent, from Higher Education to National Parks, we could put this as a requirement.

I am speaking about clothing because that is what I make but it is not mutually exclusive to this product. I think other business owners that manufacture goods in American would agree, the extra push for our goods at the Federal Level would create over one-hundred thousand jobs in one day.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris YuraChris Yura shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Argeo DominguezArgeo Dominguez commented  · 

We need that Industrialization and jobs,that will be equitable across the country, to divide up the jobs in the places most in need

Feedback and Knowledge Base